(The Photo above was taken in 2010 on my first solo Road trip across America. I was working as an assistant and truck driver for a Photographer. This was the first inspiration for Piano Across America.)
After college (May 2008), I had so many ideas and things that I wanted to do in my life. Graduating with a BFA in Theater, I started Auditioning for Union and Non-union gigs in New York City.
I was working various jobs at the same time. I spread myself too thin and didn’t have the time to devote to everything. Eventually I had to make sacrifices and throw out ideas.
Here are some of the things I tried after college.
- Start a Theater company- ‘08
- Write my own Screenplay -‘08
- Auditioned for acting jobs all over NYC - ‘08-‘09
- Ebay business: selling shoes and clothes - ‘08-present
- The Creative Forum: An artists group-‘08
- Internship at Stuart Howard Casting- ‘09
- A Web Show about the best places to visit in NYC- ‘09
- Day Trading in stock market -‘09
- Create a web series about a group of 4 20-somethings in NYC -‘09
- Create a Youtube channel and start making funny videos every week -‘09
- The Shakespeare Forum: An actors Shakespeare group-‘09
- Create a one man show with the piano and multiple characters-‘09
- Internship at Avalon Artists Group Agency -‘09
- 4 small non-Union theater works -‘08-‘10
- Assistant for Photographer as a truck driver -‘10
- Started DJing again to get jobs at local bars/clubs -‘10
- Created a Blog about Piano music ‘10
- April 4, 2011- Piano Across America
If at first you dont succeed, try and try again until you do.
I wrote this to show the importance of self exploration and pushing yourself to discover your true passion. Dont settle for mediocrity.