In 2010, I quit my job, emptied my bank account, bought a Box Truck and a Piano, and hit the road in pursuit of a new life.
I was tired of living my life as a cog and feeling trapped by routine.
I was tired of working towards someone elses dream rather than my own.
I knew that if I really wanted to create the life of my passions I had to make sacrifices and go ALL IN.
My dream is to make a full time living traveling the world and making music.
The idea was to figure out a way to be 100% sustainable through my music and I paid for food and gas by playing piano on the streets of different cities.
It was incredibly difficult but I had unforgettable experiences and met so many people.
I spent months living out of a box truck, filming my journey with hopes of creating a web series that documented the people I met and the amazing experiences.
What has really kept me strong throughout my struggle are the multitude of messages I receive every week from people who have been inspired by my journey.
Some people have even told me that they quit their jobs because of how inspired they were. Link: Here is the Greatest Fan mail I've ever received.
Because of my journey we have been on TV's in more than 20 countries around the world, Traveled more than 50,000 miles in 200 cities and 9 countries.
Link: Check out the Press Page
Where are we headed in 2014?
Its been 3 years since I started this project and I have had 3 different sponsors including Goodyear Latin America. In July 2013 I did a commercial with them and have become the poster boy for their marketing campaign.
Since 2010, I have been doing EVERYTHING myself. From filming, driving, playing piano, video editing, meeting people, web design, blogging, social networking...
Now I hire people from all around the world to help me manage my social networking, web site, videos, and daily working.
- The major goal this year is produce the Epic Web series that I had intended to produce 2 years ago using the footage I have.
- I have been approached by 3 different literary agents to write a book. I am looking to write a book for people in their late teens and early 20's who are about to enter the real world and face the same challenges I faced.
- Record an album with my trio. We take songs that people know and play them in various styles and challenge our audience.
- We are also planning to do live shows. We hope to build our reputation to be able to have a touring show and perform in cities around the world.
- I am going to build my brand to where I can go to universities and speak about my experiences to students looking to follow their own dreams.